Thank you for wanting to open an online account with us.
Sharenet Securities is a licenced provider of intermediary services for shares and not a provider of advice. It is crucial that you know how the stock market operates and to have some knowledge of the companies and shares in which you invest. If you do not have previous experience investing in the stock market then we recommend that you complete a Sharenet College course and/or utilise, with complete understanding, PowerStocks Research. It is also crucial that you consult a licensed financial adviser to formulate your investment objectives and constraints to guide your investment decision making. Your objectives are your risk and return requirements. Constraints are your time horizon, tax considerations, legal and regulatory factors, liquidity needs and unique circumstances. These should be reassessed annually with your financial advisor or any time you experience a material change in circumstance.
Opening an Account:
Due to FICA regulations, we need certain paper work to be completed and certified copies posted to us, couriered or dropped off before we can open your account. You will need to download, print, complete and sign the mandate available as a PDF file.
You will also need:
- Original certified copy of trust deed or other founding documentation
- Original certified copy of letters from the Master of the Court on registration of trust and appointment of trustees
- Original certified copy of resolution covering opening, appointing of authorised representative and opening of account
- For authorised representative, an original certified copy of South African green bar-coded ID (passport not acceptable for South African residents and South African citizens, unless accompanied by an affidavit explaining loss of SA green bar-coded ID) or passport (if foreigner)
- For authorised representative, an original or original certified copy proof of residential address, for example current lease agreement or utilitybill not older than 3 months (should you not have one in your name, please complete the Cohabitant Form and include a certified copy of the cohabitant’s ID)
- For all trustees, beneficiaries and founders of trust, an original certified copy of South African green bar-coded ID (passport not acceptable for South African residents and South African citizens, unless accompanied by an affidavit explaining loss of SA green bar-coded ID) or passport (if foreigner) and registration documents for legal entities
- Details of all trustees, beneficiaries and founders of trust (name; date of birth; identity number; residential address and contact details)
- Proof of income tax number, for example, copy of an official document issued by the South Africa Revenue Services
- Cancelled cheque or an original or original certified copy of the trust bank statement (the name of the bank account must correspond with the applicant’s details)
Please send via registered post to Box 30584, Tokai, 7966 or via courier to 4 Silverwood Close, Steenberg Office Park, Cape Town, 7945. Also provide us with a tracking number if allocated one.
Please note that the minimum account size of R10,000 applies when opening an account with Sharenet Securities. If you wish to speak to somebody at Sharenet Securities, simply enter your contact information below so that a Sharenet Securities executive can contact you or alternatively give us a call or send an email. All our details are available at http://www.sharenetsecurities.co.za/trade/contact-us/